Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus unveils SCG004S
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus has issued the following press release:
Glickenhaus Unveils SCG 004S
A fully legal race car for the road
In 2005 we told Andrea Pininfarina we wanted to build a modern homage to our P3/4: 18 months later we unveiled Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina.
In 2009 we told Peter Geishecker we were going to build and race a car at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring: 18 months later we unveiled and raced the 24 hours of Nurburgring with P 4/5C.
In 2011 we told the world we were converting P 4/5C into a hybrid race car: 6 months later we finished First in Class at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and won an FIA World Championship Cup for Alternative Energies.
In 2013 we told the world we were designing a road/race car from the ground up: 18 months later our factory and a customer’s SCG 003C raced the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and our factory car took First in Class.
In 2017 a customer’s SCG 003C took the pole at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and finished First in Class.
On November 17, 2017 we are unveiling our latest model, SCG 004S:
18 months later we will have delivered 25 car Founders Edition road cars, be racing the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, and have scaled our production to be able to produce 250 cars per year, manufactured in the United States of America under our approved NHTSA Low Volume Manufactures Status. We also plan to offer GT3 and GTE/GTLM competition versions of SCG 004.
- Carbon fiber chassis and body
- Weight around 2600 pounds
- Three seats, driver center
- 5 liter TT engine around 650HP and 720 NM of torque, red line around 8200rpm
- Manual 6-speed gearbox with clutch pedal standard
- Paddle shift 2 pedal optional
- Natural/tinted carbon fiber optional
- Designed and manufactured in the United States of America
- Sold by SCG as a turn key car with 17 digit VIN number under our NHTSA Low Volume Manufactures Status
- Safety and emissions compliant in the United States as required by NHTSA Low Volume Manufacture guidelines
- Base price $400k
- Running prototype Mid 2018
- Founders Edition 25 cars deliveries 2018-2019
- Gearing up to deliver 250 cars 2020-2021