Saturn - LST Concept
Saturn LST Concept a True Sport Sedan
October 26, 2000
DETROIT - Saturn and General Motors have teamed up to create an enthusiast version of the Saturn L-Series sedan - the Saturn LST. Representing Saturn's first step toward producing a vehicle specifically for the sports sedan segment, special tuning gives this stock Saturn L300 a sportier appearance and performance enhancements to match.
"The growing interest in Saturn vehicles among the aftermarket community was key to our motivation for this vehicle," said Steve Girard, Saturn marketing team member. "The LST truly validates Saturn's ability to play in the sports sedan segment."
The LST concept boasts a variety of exterior features including special "Torch Red" paint, a new front fascia with a special perforated metallic grill, a unique rear spoiler and metallic perforated applique between the exhaust pipes. Exterior enhancements also include a ground effects package and special "LST" badging.
Performance features include a new exhaust system that converts the current single exhaust into a dual tip system, increasing the horsepower by approximately 10 percent. The vehicle also has larger stabilizer bars and new one-inch lower springs in the front and rear. The LST is finished off with 17" BBS RX wheels and Firestone 215/45R17 tires.
The Saturn L-Series debuted in July 1999 and features three sedan models, the L100, L200 and L300 as well as two wagons, the LW200 and LW300.
2001 SATURN LST Concept
- 5-passenger, four door sedan
- 102.4" wheelbase
- 3.0L DOHC 24-valve V-6 (GM OEM)
- 182 horsepower @ 5600 rpm (increases approximately 10% w/ exhaust enhancements)
- 190 ft. lbs. torque @ 3600 rpm
- 4-speed automatic transmission (GM OEM)
- Performance exhaust system - single system into dual tips (yields an approximate 10% increase in horsepower)
- New springs - lower ride height by one inch front and rear
- Larger stabilizer bars
- Unique rear spoiler
- Special ground effects and metallic perforated applique between exhaust pipes
- Ground effects attachments
- New front fascia including unique perforated metallic grill
- Special "Torch Red" paint
- Special "LST" badging
- Firestone Firehawk 215/45/ZR16 tires
- BBS 16" RX wheels