Pontiac  - Solstice SD-290 Concept
PONTIAC SOLSTICE SD-290 RACE CONCEPT
Designed to evoke the emotions of classic sports cars, the Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept captures the purposeful design of vintage racecars. The design is dramatic, featuring a passenger cockpit tonneau cover and a driver windscreen, creating a pure racecar that looks ready to take the checkered flag even while sitting on the starting grid.
Aerodynamics have been improved and the SD-290’s weight reduced with the removal of the windshield, side glass, window regulator, convertible top, climate system and windshield wiper system. Complementing the design are new side fender gill panels, a new hood with heat extracting grilles and a competition red paint scheme.
Backing up the race-ready appearance is the available Club Sport Z0K suspension package and an all-business cockpit filled with auxiliary gauges, a roll bar and racing seat.
- Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept
- 2.0L Ecotec direct-injected and turbocharged generating 290 horsepower
- Five-speed manual transmission
- Weight reduction through installation of driver-side only windscreen and elimination of door glass/hardware, convertible top/hardware, HVAC system and wiper system
- Solo Performance cat-back exhaust system with center-mounted outlet
- KW Automotive coil-over suspension package
- Three-piston aluminum calipers with 13-inch rotors from Stainless Steel Brake Company
- Forged 19-inch wheels with Hoosier R6 racing tires
- New front fascia, grille inserts, hood and front fenders, leading to better aerodynamics
- Passenger-side hard tonneau cover
- Competition red exterior color
- Rear spoiler
- Tinted headlamp lenses
- Removable racing-style steering wheel
- Racing seat with four-point safety harness
- Chrome fire extinguisher
- Pegasus center console gauge package
- Driver’s roll bar