Mobility Outfitters - Gearbox Concept
Mobility Outfitters Debut 'Gear Box' Vehicle At North American International Auto Show
DETROIT, Jan. 9 -- The latest concept in mobility and travel
gear for outdoor activities is from Michigan-based Mobility Outfitters, a design-driven company focusing on research and development of mobility and travel gear for outdoor activities.
The Gear Box, a concept vehicle, brings new personality to the sport utility scene. Gear Box features:
* Solar panels pop up to follow the sun and allow stand-up headroom
* Forward roof hatch for stand-up access over front compartment
* Integrated winch, front bar and driving lamp
* Step and tie-down handles in cowl
* Tool and jack storage in rear bumper box
* Pivoting passenger seat for access to navigation table and rear
* Full, molded floor liner with marine-type floor drains
* Interior side wall truss provides a structural rack system for activity
* Side saddle bags for pass-through access and service items
* Removable roof components
* Below floor storage for solar battery or small generator
* External tube structure provides secure attaching system
* More ...
Designer Stewart Reed referred to the Gear Box as "a space vehicle for Earth exploration," and expressed pleasure in their location near the entrance to the new Beetle exhibit at the North American International Auto Show.