Hyundai - Veloster RM / Veloster Midship Concept
Hyundai unveils high-performance ‘Veloster RM’ concept at 2014 Busan International Motor Show
- Veloster RM concept car revealed
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel drive, two-seater Veloster, generating 220kW/300PS from 2.0-litre turbo engine
- All-new AG large front-wheel-drive sedan also unveiled
Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea’s largest automaker, today unveiled the exciting ‘Veloster RM’ (or ‘Rear Midship’) show car at the 2014 Busan International Motor Show.
Developed by Hyundai Motor Company’s High Performance Technology Development Group – who also developed the i20 WRC in its initial form – overseen by Mr Im Sebin and Mr. Park Soobo, the two-seater RM concept is fully driveable and boasts the latest Hyundai performance technologies, including a turbocharged 2.0-litre Theta GDI engine generating 220kW, lightweight aluminium wishbone suspension, a high-rigidity body structure and a mid-engined, rear-wheel drive mini-supercar layout.
Veloster RM Details:
- Dimension: length 4,220mm / width 1,865mm / height 1,340mm
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel drive
- 2.0-litre turbocharged Theta GDI engine - generating 220kW
- High performance shock absorbers
- Lightweight aluminium wishbone suspension
- High-rigidity body structure
- High performance brakes
- Active variable exhaust
- Lightweight sports bucket seats
The engine is located behind the occupants and within the wheelbase, offering ideal weight distribution and handling balance through corners. The RM is a concept only to explore possibilities for the Veloster chassis and is currently not related to any future production model.
Also receiving its global reveal at the show is the all-new ‘AG’ large sedan that underlines Hyundai’s position as a manufacturer of premium, distinctively-styled vehicles. Displaying an elegant yet simple exterior, ‘AG’ continues the modern interpretation of Fluidic Sculpture 2.0, with a distinctive long nose, and a refined character-line that runs the length of the wheelbase.
This new front-wheel drive flagship sedan will offer quiet and sophisticated driving comfort, while adopting a series of advanced convenience features.
AG is expected to reinforce the premium image of the Hyundai brand when it hits Korean showrooms in the second half of this year. No decision has been made yet as to whether the AG will be sold in overseas markets.