VéLV, a lightweight urban electric vehicle
As a key proponent of sustainable mobility, PSA Peugeot Citroën has worked with the French environment and energy management agency, ADEME, to develop a versatile electric vehicle adapted to city driving. The fun and compact three-wheeler has a range of 100 km and is authorised in all car lanes, including on the motorway! VéLV is a response to future challenges in transport.
The reason behind this innovation?
- 60% of urban journeys are made in individual vehicles with the resulting impact in terms of CO2 emissions
- VéLV, a response to travel needs in and around cities
“An electric vehicle project to change the way we travel in and around cities“
What is it exactly?
- A compact, lightweight electric vehicle: 2.81 m long, 3 seats, weighing under 700 kg
- A versatile mobility concept complying with regulations on Tricycles*
- Power: 20 kW (DC)/30 kW for a top speed of 110 kph
- Useful energy stored: 8.5 kWh for a range of 100 km (electric consumption of only 85 Wh per km)
- Materials suitable for small-scale production solutions: an integral one-piece body made of fiberglass and polyester resin, ABS PMMA self-coloured thermoformed body panels, with a front end and door frames made of aluminium profiles
- Complying with regulatory crash standards for passenger cars
What are the benefits for users?
- A comfortable, safe and economical vehicle for everyday travel all year round with high autonomy
- A versatile vehicle: authorized for use on roads reserved for cars (main roads, ring roads) and motorways
- A fun car that is enjoyable to drive
- An ecological footprint
Patents & Partners
- 29 patents filed by PSA Peugeot Citroën
- Consortium of partners : Leroy-Somer, Michelin, GKN, Valeo, Léoni and Saft
- Bordeaux research laboratory: IMS/LAPS
*from a regulatory standpoint: 2 rear wheels on a track of< 460mm considered as a single-wheel axle