Citroen - C-6 Lignage
The C6 Lignage concept car reaffirms Citroën’s intention to be perceived as an original and inventive marque, respecting the tradition in which it was founded, seeking to bring customers a wide choice of cars.
The name C6 Lignage reflects Citroën's determination for the new car to become one of the Marque's greats. Almost 70 years ago, between 1928 and 1933, the C6 dominated the category of top-of-the-range vehicles of the period, with more than 60,000 examples sold. Many celebrities owned one. The C6 was the first in a long line of great Citroën saloons. C6 Lignage has adopted the motto of its illustrious ancestor: make intelligent innovations in architecture and technology, while promoting well-being and safety.
With the exploratory concept of C6 Lignage, Citroën sets out an original approach to a top-of-the range vehicle for the future. C6 Lignage illustrates an ambition of considerable importance to the Marque: to refuse compromise and to combine different sources of inspiration.
C6 Lignage expresses a new approach to ongoing efforts to combine exceptional roadholding with the art on-board living. An enlightened application of the Marque's architectural principles, C6 Lignage is dedicated to wide open spaces. A touring vehicle, C6 Lignage is designed to cover long distances. Inside the vehicle, men and women travel in comfort and safety, enjoying the well-being offered by their surroundings.
The purpose of the C6 Lignage is immediately perceptible to the onlooker, expressed through its proportions and style. With its subtle, fluid lines, it appears poised for action. The profile reflects efforts to optimise aerodynamics. The long front overhang (1.09 m) and short rear express, movement, strength and latent power. Set apart from the roof pillars, the boot blends in with the overall fluidity of the design lines.
The interior space of C6 Lignage is more than generous, as indicated by the 3 metre wheelbase. Space is considered to be essential to on-board well-being. The four occupants have individual seats, which can be adjusted to enjoy all the options of life on board.
The interior of the C6 Lignage is luxurious. High-quality materials, such as leather and wood in attractive, matching shades, create a warm and relaxing atmosphere. The pure airy forms of the front and rear central consoles reinforce the friendly atmosphere of the interior, while providing individual space for each occupant.
Passengers in the rear are not forgotten. Relaxing in their comfortable seats, they can watch television, see a film, hook up to their office computer, log onto the Internet or simply read or sleep. The functionalities offered by the XM Multimédia (presented at the Paris Motor Show) give an idea of the possibilities offered by the C6 Lignage.
The time and thought given to the aerodynamics, perceptible in the smallest detail, serve to reduce fuel consumption and thus pollutant emissions. For example, conventional rearview mirrors are replaced by cameras, the windscreen wipers are streamlined and the radiator grille will have mobile fins, managed electronically according to vehicle speed.
C6 Lignage is dedicated to one main idea: well-being. Its generous forms reflect its strength, an expression of an exceptional vehicle.
Main technical characteristics
Exterior dimensions (mm)
Overall length: 4,920
Overall width: 1,890
Overall height: 1,440
Front overhang: 1,090
Rear overhang: 830
Michelin PAX System (vertically anchored tyres)
Focal areas of development:
* Direct injection petrol and diesel engines
* Sequentially controlled auto-active gearboxes
* Global chassis control: constant optimisation of dynamic vehicle behaviour in relation to passenger comfort. Combining the power of hydraulic technology and the latest advances in artificial intelligence, the system is able to act on the wheels, the engine, the suspension and the steering
* Head-up display of essential driving information
* Intelligent speed regulator with system of obstacle detection
* Automatic management of the parking brake
* Front headlamps with swivelling lenses and variable focus
* Infrared vision for night driving
* Driver alertness and fatigue detection
* Voice recognition command for comfort functions (radio, air conditioning, telephone, etc.)
* Seats adapting automatically to the occupants morphology, with massage and air conditioning functions
* Navigation system reporting on the traffic situation and able to suggest alternative routes